Yoga Facial Tuition
Lessons are 1-2-1 for the Yoga Facial Tuition - 1hr £60.00
I also do Reiki Facial massages.
There are about 16 major muscles, 14 bones and assorted arteries, veins and blood vessels that help your face do the things it does. Like muscles in other parts of your body, your face muscles absorb and store a lot of stress and tension. Unless you relax those muscles, they get stiff and hard and look strained. Tense muscles also constrict blood vessels, limiting the flow of blood and nutrients to your face. What's more, the tension in your face muscles can cause headaches and spread down into our neck and shoulders. A few simple exercise can help relieve facial tension and help you look and feel more relaxed
Your face works hard. All day long it helps you see, breathe, chew, speak, laugh, cry, kiss, grin, grimace, smile, frown, sneeze and whole lot more. It gets hit by sun, rain, wind, snow, rubs, scratches, scrapes, make-up, grit and grime, as well as smiles, stares, glares and other looks from friends, family and strangers. Your face deserves a break.
Below are a few simple face exercise that help relax tense muscles, release stress and improve circulation.
Find a comfortable seated position, either on floor on a cushion or in a chair. Sit with your back straight. Begin with your eyes closed. Focus on your breath as it moves in and out of your nostrils. Cool air in, warm air out.
- Rub your palms together very fast until they feel warm. Then cup them over your closed eyes.
Benefits: Soothes the optic nerve, eyes and area around the eyes.
2. The Great Rub
Place the index and middle fingers of both hands in the middle of your forehead. Rub your forehead by making small circles with your fingers.
- Move your fingers across your brow and to your temples, pausing there to give them a gentle massage. This is an area where we hold stress and tension that can often lead to headaches.
- Then move down from your temples to the hinge of your jaw, pausing to massage your jaw muscles.
- From there, move across your cheeks and up along the side of your nose to your forehead.
Benefits: Releases stress and tension, particularly in the temples and jaw.
3. Eye socket massage
- Take your index and middle fingers of each hand and place them on either side of your nose just below the bridge. Rub your fingers up to the bridge of your nose and along your eyebrows.
- You'll feel a notch in your eye socket where the bone begins to turn downward. Rub the notch gently for a moment. Then follow the line of the socket rim down beneath the eye and back up along the side of your nose.
- Repeat 3-5 times.
Benefits: Relaxes the eyes and surrounding areas, and relieves stress and tension.
4. Clenched smile
- Grit your teeth and open your lips as wide as they will go.
- Feel your lips, cheeks, chin and neck stretch to their limit. Hold…and release.
Benefits: Increases circulation, relaxes faces muscles, relieving stress and tension.
- Scrunch your face real tight. Purse your lips, draw your cheeks in toward your nose, pull your eye brows down and bring the flesh of your chin up toward your mouth.
- Hold…and release.
Benefits: Provides a counter stretch to the "Clench" exercise. Increases circulation, relaxes faces muscles, relieving stress and tension.
6. The Lion
- Take a deep breath.
- All at once, exhale forcefully, open your mouth wide, stick your tongue out as far as it will go, say "Aghhhhhhh," and open your eyes wide and look up.
- Repeat 3 times.
Benefits: Relieves tension in the throat and face, stimulates the eyes and improves circulation.
7. Cheek Pinch
Pinch your cheeks, by grabbing bits of flesh and giving them a squeeze. Benefit: Improves circulation
Exercise sequence two
Prevent slack facial muscles and achieve a smooth wrinkle-free skin
Facial exercises will do a great deal to promote a smooth wrinkle-free skin, and a vibrant glowing picture of health.
Tone your facial firmness
These lines, wrinkles, folds and bags are not really wrinkles and lines as such, but are the supportive muscles in your face going soft - losing firmness, and not supporting the skin any more. Facial exercises can help with this - creating that facelift look with a non-surgical procedure.
Facial exercises for all ages
And are great for fighting wrinkles, and promoting a smooth, ageless, anti-aging skin, but also look at our stunning skin care range, to really help you achieve that youthful looking you again.
Facial exercises do not create wrinkles
They actually help to make women and men look younger for longer, without a surgical facelift, by toning facial muscles. Surgical facelifts can be effective, but this type of cosmetic surgery is expensive, and can be traumatic. The facial exercises will not be as radical as the facelift, but will assist in achieving a younger looking face, without wrinkles and lines.
Facial exercises do not cause baggy skin!
Some plastic surgeons promote and encourage the use of facial exercises, but many don't - why should they promote an exercise that achieves a firm, young, ageless looking face? Facial exercises have been around for a long time, but because there is no financial gain they are not well promoted.
The facial muscles connect to both the skin and the bone, and form the "cushion" on which the skin rests. If this cushion is flat, worn-out, compressed and not consistent in thickness, the skin will also not look its best. Facial exercises not only benefit the supportive muscles, but also improve the skin and skin tone, as the increased blood flow to the skin assists in bringing nutrition to, and removing toxins from the skin. The elasticity and health of the skin is determined greatly on the underlying tone, strength and vitality of the supporting facial muscles.
Facial muscle exercises, just like body muscle exercises, must be done regularly to achieve and maintain results. To get your facial muscles up to speed again, do these facial exercises daily. Never mind how good your skin care regime, or the skin care product you use, you may still need facial exercises to maintain the base muscles of your skin.
Some people report that minor spots or blemishes appear after starting facial exercises, and yes, it is normal. The skin is once again stimulated to produce its natural oils and lubricants and these minor spots may only appear at the beginning when starting facial exercises, until the skin is functioning efficiently and correctly again. Skin cells get lazy and stagnate, but with proper exercises these cells are once again activated to work with renewed vigour. To moisturize, feed and stimulate the skin properly, have a look at products
For effective eye gels and stretch mark creams.
After doing these facial exercises you will feel all the muscles you have used.
Facial exercises for lips
1. Sit upright facing forward and purse your lips together. Lift your pursed lips towards your nose and keep there for 5 counts, relax and repeat 5 times.
2. Pucker your lips slightly and when in this puckered position try with your mouth muscles to bring the corners of your mouth together as close as possible. Keep lips in this position for 5 counts, relax and repeat 5 times.
3. Sit upright facing forward and keep your lips closed and teeth together. Smile as broadly as possible, without opening your lips, keep there for 5 counts and when relaxing start puckering your lips in a pointed kiss. Keep there for 5 counts and relax - repeat 10 times.
4. Move your lips into a puckered kiss and while relaxing the kiss keep your lips closed and curl your lips into your mouth across your teeth. Hold this position for a count of 10 and repeat 5 times.
5. Sit relaxed with your lips hardly open and pucker your lips outwards. While your lips are in the outward position, move your puckered top lip towards your nose. Hold in this position for 10 counts and repeat 5 times.
Facial exercises for cheeks
Our poor cheeks always seem to get a raw deal - they are forever ignored and not much time is spent on them. Hanging skin forming that hang-dog look around your cheeks can be most aging.
1. Sit upright facing forward with lips closed but relaxed. Pucker and pout your lips using the muscles in your cheeks. (Feel with your fingers that you are using your cheek muscles.) Keep puckered for a count of 10, relax and repeat 10 times.
2. Have a relaxed smile with your lips closed and then suck in your cheeks towards and on to your teeth. Hold this for 10 counts, relax and repeat 10 times.
3. Look in a mirror while doing this exercise. Pout your top lip, turning the corners of your lips upwards and move your cheek muscles towards your eyes. You should at this stage try to get your top lip touching your nose. Keep in this position for 10 counts, relax and repeat 5 times.
4. Look in a mirror while doing this exercise. Smile as widely as possible - while keeping your lips closed and your mouth corners turned up. Try to make your mouth corners touch your ears. Next wrinkle your nose and see your cheek muscles move upwards and feel these muscles work. Keep for 5 counts, relax and repeat 10 times.
5. Keep your teeth and lips closed and blow air under your top lip and keep it there for 10 counts, then move it to your left cheek, hold for 10, to your lower lip, hold for 10 and then to your right cheek while holding it for a count of 10. Repeat 5 times.
Eye Facial Exercises
The skin around the eye, is the thinnest and most fragile skin found on the body, and wrinkles in this area cause great aging of the face as such, as the eyes are the central point where most people focus when talking to you. Baggy eyes can be helped with certain facial eye exercises, but effective skin care gels, such as our great eye gel go to great lengths to effectively remove this problem, as baggy eyes can be caused by a multitude of factors, which exercising may not resolve or sort out. Droopy eyelids can however benefit greatly from ageless anti-aging facial exercises.
1. Gently tone the muscles of the eyes by pressing two fingers on each side of your head, at the temples, while opening and closing your eyes rapidly. Repeat 5 times.
2. Sit upright with your eyes closed and relaxed. While keeping your eyes closed the whole time, first look down and then look up as far as possible. Repeat the facial exercise 10 times.
3. Sit upright with your eyes closed and relaxed. Keep your eyes closed while lifting your eyebrows and stretching your eyelids down as far as possible. Keep in this position for 5 counts, relax and repeat 5 times.
4. Sit upright with your eyes relaxed and open. Lift your eyebrows while closing your top eyelids until about halfway closed, then open your eyelids wide until the white of your eye shows over your iris.
5. Sit upright looking straight ahead with your eyes open. Look up then down, while keeping your head still. Repeat 10 times. Then look left and right - repeat 10 times.
The area on the forehead, between the eyebrows, can easily become lined and full of wrinkles and for this facial exercises can be a great help.
1. Frown as much as possible and try to bring your eyebrows over your eyes while pulling the eyebrows toward one another. Then lift your eyebrows as far as possible while opening your eyes as far as possible. Repeat 5 times.
2. Lie on your bed facing the ceiling your head hanging over the edge. Lift your eyebrows as high as possible, with your eyes opening very wide. Relax and repeat 10 times.
3. Sit upright facing forward and while bringing your eyebrows down over your eyes, wrinkle your nose as far up as possible while flaring your nostrils. Keep for a count of 10, relax and repeat 5 times.
Neck and Throat exercises.
1. A great exercise is to sit upright, tilt your head back looking at the ceiling while keeping your lips closed and then start a chewing movement. You will feel the muscles working in your neck and throat area - and will be truly amazed at the results. Repeat 20 times.
2. Sit upright, tilt your head back looking at the ceiling, while keeping your lips closed and relaxed. Start puckering your lips together in a kiss and stretch the kiss, as if you were trying to kiss the ceiling. Keep your lips puckered for 10 counts, then relax, bring your head back to its normal position and repeat 5 times.
3. Sit upright, tilt your head back looking at the ceiling, while keeping your lips closed and relaxed. Open your lips and stick your tongue out as if you were trying to touch your chin with the tip of your tongue. Keep your tongue out in this position for 10 counts, and then return your tongue and head to its normal position.
4. Sit upright, tilt your head back looking at the ceiling, while keeping your lips closed and relaxed. Next move your lower lip over your top lip as far as possible and keep it there for a count of 5. Relax and repeat 5 times.
5. Lie on your bed, with your head hanging down over the edge. Slowly bring your head up towards your torso and keep it there for 10 counts. Relax and lower your head towards the floor again - repeat 5 times.
6. Sit upright and face forward and while keeping your lips together, separate your teeth by dropping your jaw and then push your jaw forward, keep for a count of 10, bring back to starting position and repeat 5 times.
Click Here for articles Vernette has written on Facial Yoga for publications and online magazines
Private sessions and therapies must be cancelled within 24hours, otherwise full fee is payable.
You are expected to provide all correct details about your health via the health form prior to attendance for classes or private sessions and YOU are responsible for your own health and level of practice at all times.
Block booked private sessions have time limit of use, see full T&Cs.
in your home, 60 minutes £60.00
Private Live Zoom 60 minutes £30
Other Private Sessions Offered
Relaxation Tuition 1hr £60.00 - £30 live via zoom
Breath Therapy Tuition 1hr £60.00 - £30 live via Zoom
Nutrition support / Life Coaching 1hr £60.00 - £30 live via Zoom